Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Summer in the City






We are now into the third year! Last summer Dan and I spent in New York City where Dan worked as an intern for Merrill Lynch. You can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl. I have a true love affair with NY. Believe it or not Dan is starting to love it too, it think it's the food. Although I did cry the other day when he said he could never live there for more than 2 years. That summer was a blast. We were able to spend time with my sister Anne and her beautiful family. She had her 3rd baby "Jane" while we were there. She's a supermodel baby, I want to quit my job and be her agent. The highlight of the summer was visiting Dan's old stomping grounds in Bethany Connecticut where the Chudleighs lived till Dan was 7, beautiful. If I didn't have ADD I could live there! Our Eastern road trip also took us to Boston, Newport, Mystic and Martha's Vineyard where we met up with Peter and Brittney and their family who joined us in the city later that week.

A bittersweet moment- Dan and I were in Brooklyn for pizza one night when we got our first call saying Dan was accepted to Law school! You think I would be happy right? Dan applied soooo late that we thought for sure we wouldn't get in, so our plan b was to travel that year. I had spent endless hours sitting on the floor at B&N planning out our travels and now what? After a few tears I was able to share the joy. Dan you are amazing!

We left NY straight to San Diego where we spent 2 weeks at the beach. A lot of surf, sand, good food and great company. Dan and I spent a lot of time driving around looking at schools, we had to make a decision fast! We decided Chapman University and Dan started class that week.

No comments: