Sunday, October 5, 2008

We're Back!


I know, I know it has been forever. But there is so much to write about that I feel overwhelmed. So if we haven't lost our readers, we're back! The last four months have been amazing! Dan and I dropped out this summer to travel the Middle East and Europe. We started in Israel and from there we visited Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Switzerland and Spain! It was all absolutely amazing. The world is so big and so small at the same time, traveling really makes you realize we are all one. I can not even put into words what we experienced, spiritually and visually. We traveled day to day not knowing where we were going to sleep the next night. We slept anywhere from train stations to The Ritz Carlton (associate discount), but mostly hostels and campgrounds. I don't want you to be too jealous, just a little. We spent a lot of time on beaches and swimming in crystal clear water. Israel is amazing, my favorite. Southern Italy is where people traveled if they left the US and moved to Italy. Jordan and Egypt I have mixed feelings about, so I will let you go with an open mind. Turkey has the most beautiful city in the world, Istanbul (didn't love the kebab, and there is only kebab). Greece makes you feel seventeen again, and the views are incredible. Switzerland has it all figured out, I want to be Swiss. Spaniards are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. So if you know Dan or his brother, it's like being married to the paparatzi. We took so many pictures I'm embarrassed to say. So please be patient with me while I go through the thousands and create a slide show, assuming people care? I hope I have given you enough for your imagination to stay tuned...

7 comments:

The Waites said...

yay! welcome back!!!

Becky said...

So good to see your back!! I want pictures of this adventure!

Kristen M said...

Mia's back. Hey so glad you haven't stopped blogging completely. Sat night was fun. We will be super stoked if you move into our ward. We would love it. hey our blog is
web.mac.com/themurraysut

Waltman said...

Good for you guys. Can't wait to see all about it!

erin and shaun said...

HOLY CRAP!!! This is our dream. SO jealous! I can't wait to see the pictures. (Yes, I care!) And thanks for the gentle reminder that I desperately need to update our blog.

Lauren said...

welcome back! we have missed you guys and now even though we live closer than we have in over a year, we still have not seen you two! we must get together sometime and catch up. bridger just bought a surfboard and i know he would love to test it with dan at another moonlight surf so give us a call. trip looks amazing. toodles!

The Prestons said...

I care! And, I'm waiting for a great slideshow!